Podoxana. Servicios de podología.
Podoxana Centro Sanitario: PodoxanaSanitary Center
Foot care is key to good health. At Podoxana Clínica Podológica we have the best team of professionals to take care of you.
Remember to go to the podiatrist at least once a year. You will win in health!
Our podiatry specialties
The podiatrist is the university health professional who prevents, diagnoses and treats conditions and deformities of the feet, through podiatric therapeutic procedures. Check here the different specialties and treatments available at our clinic.
Chiropody is a branch of podiatry that focuses on the care and treatment of the feet and nails. It is responsible for preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases and injuries that affect the health of the feet, and specializes in skin and nail care to avoid infections and associated pathologies.
- Treatment of calluses, corns and plantar warts to relieve pain and avoid complications.
- Treatment of ingrown or thickened nails to prevent infections and pain.
- Study and treatment of the skin to prevent infections, fungi and associated pathologies.
- Realization of cures for the care and maintenance of the nails and the skin of the feet.
- Advice and recommendations on the care and maintenance of feet and nails, including the proper choice of footwear and hygiene products.
ORTHOPODOLOGY AND BIOMECHANICS
Orthopedics and biomechanics are branches of podiatry that focus on the study and treatment of foot and gait problems. They are the studies of the movement, position and bone deformities of the foot in the different stages of life.
Orthotics focuses on the fabrication of plantar orthoses and other orthotic devices to correct deformities and relieve pain.
Biomechanics focuses on the analysis of gait and posture to detect and correct imbalances and pathologies that may affect the patient's health.
- Biomechanical study of gait and posture to detect pathologies or imbalances that may affect the patient's health.
- Manufacture of personalized insoles to correct foot deformities and improve the patient's posture and balance during physical activity.
- Performing static and dynamic analyzes of the foot to detect alignment, footstep or balance problems.
- Treatment of foot and knee pathologies through a combination of manual therapies, plantar orthoses and specific strengthening and stretching exercises.
- Monitoring and periodic review of the patient's podiatric health to prevent the appearance of new problems or complications.
Children's Podiatry focuses on the care and treatment of foot problems in children and adolescents. Children's podiatrists specialize in detecting and correcting alterations in the footprint, deformities in the fingers and other podiatric problems that may affect the development and quality of life of the child. It is important to treat these problems early to avoid complications in the future.
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital foot deformities, such as flat feet or cavus feet.
- Correction of deformities of the toes, such as bunions or claw toes.
- Analysis and correction of alterations in the footprint, such as excessive pronation or supination.
- Assessment and treatment of foot skin pathologies, such as plantar warts or nail fungus.
- Advice for the choice of appropriate footwear according to the age and activity of the child.
- Biomechanical study of gait to detect possible imbalances or pathologies that may cause discomfort or injury.
- Prescription and design of personalized insoles to improve the child's posture and balance during physical activity.
- Treatment of growing pain in children's feet.
Podiatric surgery is a surgical technique used to treat various pathologies of the foot and lower extremities. It is performed on an outpatient basis and with local anesthesia, and is indicated in cases of deformities, injuries or diseases that cannot be treated conservatively.
- Treatment of congenital or acquired deformities, such as bunions, hammer toes or flat feet.
- Treatment of sports injuries, such as fractures, sprains or dislocations.
- Treatment of degenerative or inflammatory diseases, such as arthritis or plantar fasciitis.
- Performing aesthetic podiatric surgery to correct deformities or improve the aesthetics of the foot.
- Treatment of traumatic injuries, such as deep wounds, open fractures or amputations.
Sports Podiatry is a branch specialized in foot care and its relationship with sport. Its objective is to prevent and treat foot injuries and improve the sports performance of athletes by designing insoles and conducting biomechanical studies.
- Biomechanical study of the footprint
- Design and creation of custom templates
- Plantar pressure study
- Gait and run analysis
- Rehabilitation of foot and ankle injuries
- Advice for choosing the right sports shoes
- Prevention of injuries in specific sports (soccer, running, tennis, basketball, etc.)
Diabetic foot is a complication of diabetes that can cause damage to the nerves and blood vessels in the feet. This can lead to ulcers and infections which, in severe cases, may require amputation. Prevention and early treatment are key to avoiding serious complications.
- Wound care: The podiatrist may clean and bandage wounds on the feet to prevent infection and promote healing.
- Removal of dead tissue: The podiatrist can remove dead or damaged tissue in the feet to prevent the spread of infection.
- Custom orthotics: Custom orthotics can be made to protect the feet and reduce pressure in areas at risk for ulcers.
- Shoe Fit: The podiatrist can recommend and fit the appropriate shoe for the patient to prevent injury and improve comfort.
- Patient Education – The podiatrist can educate the patient on foot care and diabetes management to prevent future complications.
Contact with us
Podoxana Sanitary Center
C/ Escuela de Capataces nº33, bajo,P.C. 33600 Mieres - Asturias
- Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 20:00
- (+34) 985 46 59 18